Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Spa

Oh wow my mom just treated me to a spa in Hungary. Told all the girls and Dave and I think they all thought I was going to a place with pink "fluffy" rooms, rose water etc...

As we got closer to the hotel the smell of eggs got stronger..


One of the treatments I got was to hang by the neck with weights on my waist in a pool smelling like eggs... Wow! 
There was like a little edge in the pool I tried to keep my feet on and like sticks for your arms to hold on to. The man put me in the pool and when I tried to hold on he just said(friendly yet firm) "Hangen" 

Hurt a little and actually straightened out my neck, lovely!


When it was time for a treatment the person called your name from different rooms. The mud pack man just opened the door and said: " Slam, slam"
Me and auntie went for that together and where proper confused. 

It was a bit weird at fist to lay there naked with a man putting it on, in the places the doctor had said to treat. Then auntie said, " Ah its like hospital, they have seen it all!" Ye true I guess, and oh the mud pack was amazing. After getting big "blobs" of warm mud "slapped" on we got tucked in. The big blanket made it so warm and lovely, mmmm fell sleep every time. 
It was such a nice man though. With real bad English he was muttering to himself the whole time. "Jaha jaha.." he said and gently showed us what to do and when.


I really enjoyed that the English was not so good and that it wasn't like: " How is going, is it ok bla bla balabla" It was proper stuff, "Hang", a babushka saying "OFF" and made a big arm movement when me and my aunt was asking, being very shy if it was time to take clothes off for the mud pack, Slam! etc


"Egg bath"(Thermal bath):



Was great to leave cold UK, Was 30 Celsius when we arrived.


I recommend everyone to go there!


No comments:

Post a Comment